“According to legend, a chess champion visited the museum once and after studying the painting, noticed that the arrangement of the chess pieces were incorrect. According to him, the devil who thought he was winning, was in fact not winning. The man, who thought he was losing, was winning, because according to the pieces left on the chessboard, his king had one more move left, which would make him the winner of the game!
He called the curator and they determined that the title didn’t fit the scene because the forlorn-looking player actually has the ability to defeat his opponent, though he obviously doesn’t realize it. The painting is a lie. His king can still make another move!
– A little boy with two fishes and a few loafs of bread, sees that thousands of people needs food. It looks like checkmate, but it is a lie, our King has another move left! They collected twelve baskets of leftovers afterwards!
– Daniel gets thrown into a lion’s den full of hungry lions. It looks like checkmate, but it is a lie, our King has another move left!
– The woman by the well is about to be killed by angry men with stones. It looks like checkmate, but it is a lie, our King has another move left! He tells her to go and not sin anymore.
– The murderer next to Jesus on the cross thought it was the end, yet he still repented. It looks like checkmate, but it is a lie, because the King has a move left and says: Today you will be in Paradise with me.
– On Good Friday the people were screaming: Crucify Him! They mocked and hit Him, spit and tortured Him and nailed Him to the cross. They said He could save others, but not Himself. It is over. Checkmate. Satan smiles as everybody leaves thinking God is dead. But Jesus still has a move left! Come Sunday and Jesus rose from the dead! Our King had another move left!”
“Mirror mirror on the wall,
who is the greatest of them all,
who will save us from the fall?
And who are we becoming after all?
Well He says,
I am the Greatest of them all,
and I will save you from the fall.
You see, I love you!
In fact My unfailing love for you will not be shaken.
Nothing can separate the love that I have for you.
See, I will direct your steps, and you with Me can do all things for I will strengthen you.
In fact I will supply all of your needs, I will light a lamp onto your feet and I will show you the way.
You see, I am able.
And I will forgive you
And I will shelter you
I will comfort you
I will counsel you
I will correct you
I will restore you
I will inspire you
I will challenge you
I will read you
I will save you
I will educate you
I will heal you
I will cherish you
I will abide in you
I will never leave you nor forsake you for I am your Father and you are My child.
Mirror mirror on the wall,
I am the Fairest of them all,
and I am conforming you to be in My own image.”