Two day ago, my mom came into my room with this necklace in her hand.
Gosh, it’s a golden key necklace! She told me this [necklace] is for me, and that I have grown up now. She also did refuse to tell me the price of that necklace. Lol. As corny as it may be, I appreciate my mom for getting that necklace for me although there is no way I gonna put that on my neck. Haha!
So, just like any other young adult, I have to come to terms that there is gonna be lots of changes in my life and new responsibilities to shoulder upon myself. Perhaps one way or another, all of us have experienced the Quarter-life Crisis one way or another. I thank God I found refuge and comfort under the support of my church friends and girlfriend.
Some charactertistics of the Quarter-life Crisis include:
- realizing that the pursuits of one’s peers are useless
- confronting their own mortality
- watching time slowly take its toll on their parents, only to realize they are next
- insecurity regarding the fact that their actions are meaningless
- insecurity concerning ability to love themselves, let alone another person
- insecurity regarding present accomplishments
- re-evaluation of close interpersonal relationships
- lack of friendships or romantic relationships, sexual frustration, and involuntary celibacy
- disappointment with one’s job
- nostalgia for university, college, high school, middle school or elementary school life
- tendency to hold stronger opinions
- boredom with social interactions
- loss of closeness to high school and college friends
- financially-rooted stress (overwhelming college loans, unanticipatedly high cost of living, etc.)
- loneliness, depression and suicidal tendencies
- desire to have children
- a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than oneself
- frustration with social skills
(Taken from www.en.wikipedia.org)
But no matter what happens, come what may, I am ready to take on the new challenges and obstacles in my life! Gonna get the best out of my life!
Hi my friends. The day has finally come (soon) that I achieve the next milestone in my life – 21 years old. Haha, yea I know, many gonna fold their arms and say “Huh?! Reuel is only 21?!” I get that a lot but I kinda like that! Isn’t it ironic that younger people wanna look older while older people wanna look younger? Hah, the great paradox. Alright, anyway back to the topic.
After attending countless 21st birthday parties, it’s finally my turn. Haha! I know the pains of traveling to some ulu pandan chalet (not that I am against it!), plus I am not very keen on holding a 3D2N chalet etc, as such I will be holding a small celebration at the function room at my place! (Kovan Melody, just beside Kovan MRT) Near right! Wahaha. I will be celebrating on the 5th of November, Friday (Deepavali Public Holiday!).
More than that, I want to celebrate with the people who has and/or continue to be a part of my life. Classmates, cell group and ex cell group members, family members, girlfriend, church friends, ministry friends and zone leaders. You people have left dozens of footprints in my life! Hah!
The party is by invite only, spouses and boyfriend/girlfriends may tag along but please inform beforehand so that I can settle the catering! 😀 (Please forgive me if you’re close to me and you’re not the invite list! Just drop me a sms to let me know. Very sorry, too many people to add.)
And as for the presents, here are some suggestions if you have difficulty in deciding a present for me. They may look in order from the most desired to the least (HAHA), but they are not. If I have blessed your life in any way, do take this time to bless me back! Haha! But if you have financial problems whatsoever, it’s really ok to come with just a card or even nothing. Your presence is much more important and valued than the presents. 🙂
- Blackberry Playbook (Coming out next year only D: )
- Ipod Touch
Major shopping mall vouchers (You will never go wrong with vouchers.. haha)
- Ed Hardy/CA vouchers
- Pedro Vouchers
- Pull and Bear vouchers
- Polaroid Camera
- Red packet (Cash! Help me to pay for my braces!)
- Bluetooth headset
- A Puppy – Toybreed (Though I want one, and it’s too costly, and my mom will never buy one, if people give, I guess we won’t have any complaints.. Haha)
- Liverpool Merchandise
A Gigantic birthday card!
- Blackberry portable charger (batt powered etc)
- GV Gift Card
Cya at the party!