So 2010 is almost over, many blockbuster movies were unleashed in theatres this year; such as Iron Man 2, Twilight Saga: Eclipse, How to Train Your Dragon, Inception and more, making many of us movie buffs very satisfied. But it seems like Hollywood is on the prowl, producing many highly anticipated movies next year.
Here are some movies that (might interest you) will debut on the big screens next year:
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Omgosh! Johnny Depp’s back! I thought this series was over! Lol) – May 20, 2011
- Super 8 (co-produced by legendary director/producer Steven Spielberg) – ??, 2011
- Kung Fu Panda 2: The Kaboom of Doom (Yea, the Panda’s back) – May 27, 2011
- Get Smart 2 (More of Steve Carell) – ??, 2011
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II (Can I buy the ticket now?) – July 15, 2011
- Thor – ??, 2011
- Green Lantern – June 17, 2011
- Captain America: The First Avenger (Two words: Must-watch.) – July 22, 2011
- X-Men: First Class – June 3, 2011
- The Green Hornet – April 22, 2010
- Red Riding Hood (Classic, man lol) – March 11, 2011
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! (By Legendery Funny man – Jim Carrey) – January 5, 2011
- Scary Movie 5 (Let’s hope this one won’t be as bad as the previous sequel) – ??, 2011
- Wild Hogs 2: Bachelor Ride (If you didn’t catch the prequel, this movie featuring Martin Lawrance, John Travolta, Tim Allen, William H. Macy is H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S) – ??, 2011
- Scream 4 (Back for more screams) – April 15, 2011
- Mission Impossible 4 (More Tom Cruise and Maggie Q??) – December 16, 2011
- National Treasure 3 (More Nicolas Cage!) – October/November, 2011
Now here are the top 5 movies that I personally would be looking forward to watching.
5. Spiderman 4 Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1
This COULD have been one of the most anticipated movies. Unfortunately for us, the makers decided to scrape the idea of sequel 4, instead rebooting and remaking the series of Spiderman, focusing on the development of Peter (Andrew Garfield) with his new powers back at.. school. Forget about that crap, back to Twilight Saga; Breaking Dawn. Alright I admit, I’m a Twiguy, and I’m proud of it!
Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 is scheduled for release on November, 18, 2011. The part 1 sequel begins with Bella and Edward’s honeymoon trip being cut short due to an unplanned pregnancy; a half-human, half-vampire daughter. The final installment, this is definitely one of the Must-Watch for 2011.
4. Transformers 3: The Dark of the Moon
This is one of the movies where viewers can pardon lousy film plots and just focus on the movie graphics and motion effects. Scheduled to be released in 3D on July 1, 2011, this sequel follows Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) and the Autobots as they fend off the Deceptions who are back again for revenge, this time with a new villain (Shockwave) to deal with.
As we have already known, Megan Fox will not be reprising her role in the film (to the dismay of many guys), but it’s ok. I think Sam’s new love interest (Rosie Huntington-Whiteley) is equally hot, if not hotter.
3. The Avengers
Scheduled to be released in May 4, 2010 (I know, it’s a long wait), this movie is possibly on every guys’ ‘Die Die Must Watch’ list. Some of the Avengers who are ‘confirmed’ in the movie include Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Captain America (Chris Evans) and The Incredible Hulk (Mark Ruffalo).
Who knows which other superheroes would also be included in this movie. All I can say is, the Captain America and Thor movie (coming out next year) better be good in order to set the right notion for The Avengers.
2. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage and the Dawn Treader
This is one of the movies I look forward to watching the most. I’m sure many of us (alright maybe it’s just me) were mesmerized by the previous 2 prequels; The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe and Prince Caspian. Personally, I am a sucker for movies centering on an alternate world, magical world in particular.
Scheduled to be released on November, 30, 2010 (just approximately a month away!! Woohoo!), The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage and The Dawn Treader follows the journey of Edmund Pevensie, Lucy Pevensie, their cousin Eustace Scrubb and King Caspian as they set off on board the Dawn Treader in search of the seven Telmarine lords who had remained loyal to his father and were sent away by Miraz.
Unfortunately, Edmund and Susan Pevensie won’t be returning to Narnia. But that’s what makes this movie truly magical, timeless and alluring to watch.
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
Last but definitely not the least, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 is hitting the big screens on November 19, 2010!! I believe this show is close to many of us as we have ‘grown’ with the trio; Harry (Daniel Radcliffe), Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint) and Hermione Granger (Emma Watson) through the years dating back from their first movie, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone back in 2001.
In part 1 of the final sequel, the trio leaves Hogwarts in order to locate and destroy the remaining Horcruxes (that is keeping Voldemort alive). Things prove dire for the world of wizardry as Voldemort gains control over the Ministry of Magic, not to mention Dumbledore’s death in the previous sequel (Harry potter and the Half-Blood Prince). What will happen to the trio? Catch the movie on the silver screens just a few weeks from now to find out!